In response to Roger Berlin regarding careless cyclists, I would like to make several points:
1. Many cyclists also drive a vehicle, therefore paying for the upkeep of the roads.
2. You state that there are incompetent motorists on the roads who will be fined or lose their licence if caught making a mistake. Please remember that cars, vans etc., are lethal weapons.
3. Your car has been scratched badly twice by cyclists passing you on the inside. Your car should be positioned one metre from the kerb, so you should move over and use your wing mirrors.
4. Don’t tar all cyclists with the same brush. I am a cyclist and motorist, and yes, there are idiot cyclists, but there are far more idiot drivers, believe me. Every day, I see dozens of drivers using their phones while driving.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.