I am disappointed that Worthing Borough Council has revived their scheme for moving the Stagecoach bus depot from Library Place to Decoy Farm.
The present location is adjacent to the hub of most Worthing bus routes.
As Stagecoach buses do not serve Decoy Farm, who is to pay for their empty mileage to and from Decoy Farm?
As for buses on South Street, this is the principle access point for bus passengers to Worthing’s shops.
The present quantity of shops in the town centre requires bus loads of shoppers to keep them profitable, as happens in Brighton.
West Sussex County Council could help by remodelling South Street so that moving buses are not obstructed by buses standing at stops.
Likewise, it would be helpful if any alteration would allow buses travelling in opposite directions to pass without one or the other having to pull over.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.