I refer to the article in the Worthing Herald (July 9) about the official opening of Guild Care’s Haviland House by the Duchess of Gloucester.
I was disappointed that no mention was made of the management and caring staff who run this wonderful care home.
They are all dedicated and professional people who show love, patience and care to the residents who live there.
I echo the comments made by Julie Wilson and Allie Beddard that the work the charity does is ‘totally amazing’.
I speak from experience as my dear wife, who suffers with vascular dementia, is a resident at Haviland House.
Of course I respect the Royals and dignitaries who opened this home.
I also respect the day to day staff of Haviland House who do a wonderful job and I think we should give them our support.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.