I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments expressed in Hilary Short’s letter.
The Connaught has treated its audience to some fine performances of opera, ballet and Shakespeare, for which I am tremendously grateful.
Sadly, however, on numerous occasions I have had to leave my seat in the first act to complain that the sound is too loud, and in some instances, deafening.
Balance and synchronisation have not always been correct.
On one occasion, the left and right speakers were slightly out of synch so that each word ended with a double sound.
It made the Shakespearian dialogue very difficult to understand.
The problem was quickly corrected when I pointed out the problem.
It would be so much better if members of the Connaught staff could check the sound levels and quality rather than waiting for the audience to take the initiative.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.