Whatever the final outcome from these sad events taking place in Europe with the migrant problem, nothing worthwhile will be achieved without EU unity and co-operation from other non-EU states.
Looking further back into these current problems, many of them can be attributed to highly refined terrorist strategy.
It has always been part of military strategy to create civil unrest in any potential insurgency as it provides an easy focus for political blame.
Mass migration and wrecked economies have often been the outcome.
This in turn has provided terrorist organisations with an inexpensive two-fold strategic advantage, as it creates internal problems for more stable countries and – in many cases – civil unrest.
A bonus for terrorism has often been an unwelcome change of government in otherwise stable countries.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.