With reference to the article in the July 23 edition of the Worthing Herald, you state that Mark Ede, chairman of the new music festival, intends to make the month-long music celebration appeal to everyone and that it will be a ‘multi-genre and multi-venue’.
I very much hope that this will include the excellent Worthing Symphony Orchestra, whose October programme on Sunday, October 11 is called ‘Gastronomique Gourmets’ and features the amazing young saxophonist Jess Gillam.
Classical music is rarely, if ever, mentioned in the forthcoming attractions guidelines and yet it is very much a part of the rich pattern of all forms of music.
It should not be excluded.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.