I am in my thirties and work locally.
My fiancé and I currently rent in Worthing because we can’t afford to get on the housing ladder.
So I’m all for affordable apartments on the old Aquarena site.
We need more homes in Worthing so people like us are able to buy our own home with help from the Help to Buy scheme.
We have some nice old buildings in Worthing, but we can’t live in the past – those designs were once seen as modern too.
I think Roffey deserve a lot of credit for putting a really distinctive design forward, and on the seafront where it can be a real landmark.
So come on Worthing, let’s look to the future.
I, for one, hope it goes ahead.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.