I was dismayed to read about the sea of white motor home’s (I counted five in the picture) parked along the long stretch of road from the Plantation to Sea Lane, Ferring.
There are no properties along that stretch, and they only park along the side where the grass is.
As to putting up fences, well all I have seen are a few wind breaks which are taken down when they have served their purpose.
Are we trying to build a mountain out of a molehill?
I emailed Worthing Borough Council a few years ago asking if a few parking bays could be made available in the car park alongside the Assembly Hall.
All it would need would be a unit to supply fresh water, a drain for grey water (washing water) and the access to a drain for the toilet cassette to be emptied, all of which are freely available in France, and other European countries.
Obviously there should be a time restriction, say 48 to 72 hours.
Needless to say I never even had the courtesy of a reply.
More and more people are becoming motor homers, whether they are the large American RVs or smaller, like a VW Camper.
They all need somewhere to park in between journeys.
Worthing doesn’t have any campsite so we should be more tolerant.
After all they come here and spend money in the town.
I am sure something can be done to sort this out amicably without banning motor homes.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.