On a recent Sunday afternoon I listened to the excellent Friary Guildford band at the Lido.
This is a top class brass band and in October they will be competing in the National Brass Bands Championship at The Royal Albert Hall.
Unfortunately I doubt if they will return to Worthing unless a far better venue be offered to them.
The Lido, with its children’s amusements, is in no way a suitable venue for visiting bands!
I can remember listening to bands at The Lido (pre-children’s amusements days) and it was a very pleasurable experience.
I am not advocating closing down the amusements, but surely a much better venue should be offered to visiting top class bands.
Later that same week I walked through Homefield Park and it struck me then what a great venue it could be for open air music.
There is plenty of room and although there is a children’s playground, and also a skateboard park, neither of these would intrude on open air music.
Do you think that the council would consider this idea?
What do other readers think?
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.