I would like to point out to the people who regularly discard their litter on the Manor Sports Ground, allow their “herbal” cigarette smoke to drift across the field and fail to pick up their dogs’ mess, that, as a committee member of Worthing Cricket Club, I can inform you that we pay thousands of pounds per year for the privilege of putting up with this.
You may pay your council tax, rude middle-aged man with a chocolate Labrador, but so do I, and on top of that I pay a membership fee to the cricket club, hence I pay more than you and have a right to use the place uninterrupted by your dog stealing and chewing the match ball.
Therefore when you swear at me for reminding you of the rule about keeping your dog on a lead (there are very clear signs at the Georgia Avenue and Broadwater Road entrances) I feel you are an ignoramus.
I would add that without the club’s rent being paid for the use of the ground, your beloved tax contributions you so desperately cling to as some kind of lame justification for your ignorance would be that little bit larger.
I would also point out that all this occurred as my colleagues and I were attempting to run a coaching session for around 50 young cricketers, so thanks for that everyone.
Now that the election is over and the need to please would-be voters no longer a priority, the use of the Manor by Bohunt will be up for debate again; is it any wonder the school (and cricket club) want it closed to the public, if this is the way some of them behave?
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.