I agree with Peter Jack’s comments about the new toilet which has been built as part of the Waterfront development (Herald letters, July 2).
How ridiculous that the council are refusing to open this toilet as they are unwilling to take over its maintenance until the end of August!
How short sighted!
Do they not want visitors to come to this area over the summer?
Furthermore this also excludes many of us local residents from spending much time on this part of the seafront, if the nearest toilet is so far away.
Peter says that many will be relieving themselves in the bushes and between the beach huts – for many of us that is not an option.
I guess the members of the council who make these decisions are reasonably young, fit and healthy and can’t imagine what it’s like to have bladder weakness or be on water tablets, as are many of the older generation.
I bet, come August, they’ll find another excuse for not opening it, so why waste money on something they don’t intend to use?
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Worthing Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.