Revealed! Southern Combination Football League announces groups for cup competition
The Southern Combination Football League have revealed the groups for supplementary cup competition they are hosting.
Following another null and void season, the SCFL decided to put on a cup competition to provide some competitive footbal for their teams.
And the SCFL Cup competitions committee met last night (Wednesday)) and below is the information on the groups and dates.
Groups are as follows:-
Group 1) Uckfield, Little Common (away only), Newhaven, Eastbourne Town
2) Pagham, Steyning, East Preston, Lancing,
3) Hassocks (away only), Crawley Down G, Lingfield, Horley Town
4) BBH, Horsham YMCA, Alfold, Loxwood
All groups home and away, Games to commence Saturday April 10, Semi-final draw = 2v3, 4v1.
1) Seaford Town, Bexhill United, AFC Varndeanians, Mile Oak
2) Shoreham, Wick, Worthing United, Storrington
3) Oakwood (away only), Roffey, Arundel, Midhurst, Billingshurst
Groups 1 & 2 home and away, group 3 one game only, Games to commence Saturday April 10
Best placed runner-up to come from group 3, Semi-final draw = 1v4, 2v3.
1) Ferring, Littlehampton Utd, Rustington, Worthing Town, Montpelier Villa, Rottingdean
2) Jarvis Brook, St Francis Rangers, T D Shipley, Charlwood, Copthorne, Upper Beeding
All groups one game only, Games to commence Saturday April 3, Semi-final draw = winner group 1 v runner up group 2 & vice versa.
1) Bexhill Utd, Eastbourne Town, Newhaven, Peacehaven (away only), Seaford Town, Montpelier Villa
2) BBH, Horley Town, Horsham YMCA, St Francis Rangers, Hassocks (away only), Mile Oak
3) Chichester City, East Preston,, Ferring, Pagham, Worthing United
All groups one game only, Games to commence w/c April 5, Best placed runner-up from any group on points per game basis (Pts, Gd, Gf, Head to Head, Play off), Semi-final draw = 1v4, 2v3).
All group games to be completed by/on Saturday May 1.
Group games to a normal finish in 90 minutes.
Semi-finals & finals straight to penalties after 90 minutes.
Substitutes are 5 from 5, Under-23's roll on/roll off
All Semi-Finals to be played from w/c May 3.
Neutral venues for finals.
All Finals from w/c May 17.